Down Home Chicken Pot Pie – Cynthia Luhrs
Cold nights call for a comforting warm dish that’s super easy to make. A chicken pot pie and a prepared salad makes a great meal whenever you’re called upon to bring a meal to someone in need. They’ll ask, so make sure to include a copy of the recipe.
~ ~ ~
Down Home Chicken Pot Pie
makes 2 pies (cook one now and freeze one for later). Each pie serves 4-6
- 2 packages pie crust (found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 29oz can of veg-all homestyle large cut vegetables OR cut up your favorite veggies. Approx. 3 1/2 cups. try carrots, potato, asparagus and green beans
- season the chicken breasts with lemon pepper or McCormick montreal chicken seasoning and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until no longer pink. cut into bite-sized chunks.
- mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- in a deep dish pie pan, press crust down and fill with half the chicken/veggie mixture. Top with another pie crust, crimping edges together. Pierce the top of the crust with a fork in several places.
- Repeat for 2nd pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Note: If you only want to cook one pie, either half the recipe or freeze the second chicken pot pie after assembling to cook at a later date.
BORN IN SHADOW This short novella is a prequel to the series. It tells the legend of how the Shadow Walkers came to be.
TWO BROTHERS BORN TO A GODDESS…
Thorne and Dayne. Brothers. Sons of the goddess Terya. Rivals who will become bitter enemies because of a woman.
FORGOTTEN BY TIME…
Luna is the fairest maiden in Arcadium. As Thorne falls hopelessly in love with her, events are set into motion that will change their lives and the lives of everyone around them, sending Arcadium to its destruction.
RISE TO CREATE THE SHADOW WALKERS…
Punished for their crimes, Thorne and Dayne are imprisoned for a thousand years, forgotten by time. Until one day, a handmaiden to the fates frees them both. For she has foreseen what will happen if she releases the gods from their prison in the nether realm.
If you enjoy persnickety gods, supernatural creatures and ghosts with the ability to manifest physical bodies, then BORN IN SHADOW is for you.
~ ~ ~