Gingery Sleepy Hollow Drunkin Punkin Bread Pudding – Taryn Kincaid
It’s October. A great month, filled with apples and pumpkins and things a little eerie, a little smoldering. (Not unlike my books!) Celebrate the spooky season with this yummy, decadent dessert.
~ ~ ~
1 loaf eggy, challah-type bread or brioche, cubed
1 15-oz can pure pumpkin puree
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1/2 cup candied ginger, chopped
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp rum
Pinch of salt
1. Whisk together all ingredients except bread and candied ginger.
2. Mix in bread cubes
3. Fold in candied ginger
4. Pour into baking dish
5. Let sit 10 minutes to soak bread.
6. Place baking dish on cookie sheet.
7. Bake in 350° oven for 50 minutes, until inserted knife comes out clean.
8. Cut bread onto dessert plates and drizzle with Hot Buttered Rum Sauce
Hot Buttered Rum Sauce
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp dark rum
1. Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
2. Whisk in brown sugar and heavy cream.
3. Bring to boil and immediately remove from heat.
4. Cool 1 minute.
5. Add rum.
6. Reheat until warm.
7. Drizzle over bread pudding.
8. Whipped cream optional
(Also try this with extra candied ginger folded into softened vanilla or rum raisin ice cream! Yum!)
Welcome to steamy Sleepy Hollow, where lightning strikes, the temperatures are HOT, and the erotic sparks fly!
You wouldn’t think three sultry succubi sisters, two sexy fire-demons, a reluctant witch and a couple of mega hunky mortals would need hook-ups courtesy of Madame Eve’s ultra-exclusive 1Night Stand agency…but hey, the dating scene can be rough, even if you’ve got extraordinary paranormal powers and live in a mystical village populated by supernaturals… where things tend to go bump in the night.
Taryn Kincaid’s erotic 1Night Stand stories, LIGHTNING,THUNDER, FROST and HEAT WAVE are a little snarky, a lot smokin’ and will melt your heart! And then BLIZZARD will set you aflame!
~ ~ ~