Healthy-ish Blueberry Muffins – Eliza Gayle
What do you give to a pregnant shifter whose only thought at the moment is how she will decide which possessive alpha male she is going to take down first? One of these amazing almost guilt-free blueberry muffins of course. She may be pregnant and cranky, but she’s also very very hungry.
I discovered this recipe on Pinterest last year and after tweaking it a tiny bit, I instantly fell in love with a healthier version of my 2nd favorite breakfast muffin. (Sorry blueberries, nothing will ever beat pumpkin)
~ ~ ~
HEALTHY-ISH BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
● 2 cups all purpose flour
● 1/2 tsp baking soda
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1/2 tsp table salt
● 1 tsp cinnamon
● 1 large egg
● 3/4 cup sugar, divided
● 3/4 cup Greek blueberry yogurt (I’m an Oikos girl)
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1/4 cup fat free skim milk, divided
● 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, washed
● For the crumb topping:
● 1/4 cup flour
● 1/4 cup sugar
● 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
● 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grab some muffin liners and your 12 serving muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat egg with 3/4 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add yogurt and beat until thoroughly combined; blend in vanilla extract.
4. Add half of flour mixture and half of milk to sugar mixture; beat until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture and milk; beat until smooth.
5. Fold in blueberries (I’m pretty generous with the blueberries) and fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full.
6. To make crumb topping:
7. Combine remaining 1/4 cup each of sugar and flour in a small bowl. Pour in melted butter and combine with fingers. Divide crumb mixture over muffins; gently press into top of muffin batter with fingertips.
8. Bake for 5 minutes at 425, then reduce your oven temperature to 325. Bake for an additional 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pans for about 10 to 15 minutes and then transfer muffins onto racks to cool completely.
Get bitten by the SOUTHERN SHIFTERS in New York Times Bestselling Author Eliza Gayle’s steamy paranormal romance series! Full of feisty women and the alpha men who fall in love with them!
Dean had a family once. Until tragedy and betrayal consumed them. Now he lives on his own terms keeping life simple and carefree. Then one night leads to one bite and he’s forced back into a dangerous world that reminds him he’s still as angry as ever and this time he’s not leaving until he gets what he wants. Niki.
Niki Harris has lived a life of secrets and solitude with no interest in making a change. But an easy one night stand turns complicated and she finds herself marked. Now she has to decide, tell the sexy shifter with a possessive streak a mile wide she’s pregnant and in danger or do what she’s always done–run.
~ ~ ~