Mini Turkey Loaves – Kacey Hammell
When I moved out on my own eighteen years ago, and had family over for the first time at Thanksgiving, I overdid it with too much food. So after I send as much turkey home with everyone as I could, I was still left with over half of the gigantic bird. After much talking to my Grandma, she gave me the recipe that she’d use often and always found most effective.
Considering that I and other Canadians just celebrated Thanksgiving a couple days ago, I thought I’d share this idea for what to do with the leftover turkey!
~ ~ ~
Mini Turkey Loaves
Prep: 10 minutes
On the table: 35 minutes
· 3 tbsp apricot jam
· 1 tbsp regular mustard
· 1 lb ground turkey
· 3/4 cup zucchini, finely grated
· 1/2 cup grated onion
· 1 tsp minced garlic
· 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
· 3/4 cup crushed whole-grain shredded wheat cereal
· 1 egg
· 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a muffin tin lightly with oil.
2. In small bowl, mix together jam and mustard.
3. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients until well mixed.
4. Divide among 8 muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes, then generously spread jam mixture on top of each loaf.
5. Continue baking for 10 minutes, until loaves pull away from pan and glaze looks golden.
Serve with favourite vegetables on the side.
A “The Edge” short story
Connected to In the Arms of the Law Series
On leave of absence from the police force and desperate to resolve the intense anger inside him, Ethan James escapes to the Shenandoah Mountains…alone.
During one of the worst storms to hit the area in years, he’s surprised when he opens the door to find Shanay Gold, an old friend, and sometime submissive lover, dripping wet and looking sexy as hell. So sexy, he has to keep reminding himself he’s kept her at arms-length because of the future she wants. A future he can’t give her.
When lightening sparks an old flame, desires blaze to life, and Shanay and Ethan are left with little choice but to roll with passion’s Wild Thunder.
~ ~ ~