Parmesan Polenta – Kait Nolan
In food, as in fiction, sometimes you just need something that’s quick and comforting. This Parmesan polenta absolutely fits the bill. It’s a favorite comfort food in our house.
~ ~ ~
- 1 cup yellow corn meal (I like coarse ground by Bob’s Red Mill–if you use this cook time will be a little bit longer–the coarser the grind, the longer the cook time)
- 4 cups of chicken stock (you can use water, but I prefer the stock for more flavor)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- pinch of salt
- Bring the salt and stock to a boil.
- Whisking constantly, add the polenta.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to whisk constantly (careful! It can pop on you!) for about five minutes.
- Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and add the cheese and butter, stirring until well incorporated.
Isabelle Lawson loves her job. Driven, dedicated, there’s no room in her high-pressure life to look for love outside the pages of the books she edits. Can a fun-loving, handsome stranger change her mind?
A novelette of approximately 10k words.
“Meet cute” is a term used to describe a situation in which a future romantic couple meets for the first time. Meet Cute Romance is a series of romantic shorts celebrating the possibilities of that first meeting.
~ ~ ~