Sinfully Sexy Valentine’s Fire & Ice Trifle–Taryn Kincaid
This Valentine’s desert is decadent and shamefully simple.
What makes it great, is that you can play around with it to your heart’s content, adding or deleting ingredients, according to whatever strikes your fancy.
~ ~ ~
1. Your favorite most fudgy, chocolatey, gooey brownie recipe. (Yep, can be from a box.)
2. A small jar of Morello cherries.
3. A can of cherry pie filling.
4. Whipped cream. (Yep, can be Cool Whip or Reddi Wip if you don’t want to go the heavy cream route.)
5. Or, instead of the whipped cream, ice cream! (I’d go with a rich vanilla or Cherry Garcia.)
6. A soupcon of cherry liqueur, cherry brandy or kir (Optional. I tried this recently with Grand Marnier’s limited release Cherry and didn’t like it at all. I dunno. Maybe because it tasted more like oranges than cherries.
7. Shaved chocolate. Or chocolate covered cherries. (Both Optional. Okay, really, it’s ALL optional. Except the brownie. And even there you can use a gooey, fudgy, devil’s food or red velvet cake recipe. Who am I to judge?)
8. Wine glass, or margarita glass or brandy snifter. Something pretty and clear. (Essentially, this is the ONLY thing that is not optional.)
1. Let your brownie (or cake) cool and cut it into bite size pieces.
2. Toss a layer of the brownie (or cake) into the bottom of a wine glass.
3. Add a layer of cherry pie filling. (I like to add some of the tart Morello cherries here, so it’s not so sickeningly sweet. You can spritz a little liqueur at this stage, if you’re so inclined. You can test it out on a sample piece of brownie, to see how you like it.)
4. If you’re really ambitious, or LOVE chocolate covered cherries, you can smash up a few.
5. Add a layer of whipped cream. Or ice cream.
6. You can stop here and top with shaved chocolate or a maraschino cherry or a drizzle of liqueur or all of the above.
7. Or you can repeat, depending on the size of your glass!
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY
Dagney Night, a sought-after succubus, is no stranger to blazing hot sex. But as Valentine’s Day approaches, she longs for something more. When oddly erotic paintings arrive for display at her art gallery, arousing everyone who views them, she wonders about the mysterious artist who created the works.
Maxwell Raines, a fire-sex demon, lives a life of solitude and seclusion behind the walls of his compound at Sleepy Hollow, channeling his lustful impulses into his art—until his muse deserts him and his temperature rises past the danger point. He needs sex. Now.
When Madame Evangeline arranges a torrid Valentine’s 1Night Stand for them, will the flames of their encounter be too hot to handle?
~ ~ ~