Sweet & Savory Pickles – Jennifer Bray-Weber
Like your favorite chips, you won’t be able to eat just one pickle slice. These pickles can be eaten alone, but are great on burgers, sandwiches, chicken, tuna, and pea salads, or any recipe calling for pickles.
~ ~ ~
Sweet & Savory Pickles
· 1 jar of dill pickles
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 12-15 splashes of hot sauce (Tabasco works great!)
1. Remove pickles from the jar and drain juice.
2. Blend pickles with sugar in a bowl.
3. Add hot sauce and blend
4. Return pickles to the jar.
5. Every day for a minimum of one week, flip the jar. (You can shake it a little, too, if you want.) This guarantees the flavor infuses every slice
Graciela DuBois is desperate to find the vile pirate who took her sister. What better way to hunt a pirate than with another pirate? When she strikes a reckless bargain with the infamous Captain Banning, she soon realizes a ship full of rogues isn’t as dangerous as her growing desires for the captain.
Captain Cutler Banning is hardly impressed by the lass’s quest—especially when the man she seeks is a member of his pirate brethren. That is, until she offers to pay handsomely with a legendary gold nugget and her body. the curse the gold is said to bring, he agrees to help. Doing so invites trouble both on board his ship and in his wounded heart. And Gracie has a secret that just may destroy the brethren.
~ ~ ~