Wednesday Words – What I’m doing now
Holy hell, I am busy lately. I’m not quite sure what happened. One minute nothing, and in the next, there was this explosion. So, just in case you’re wondering why I’ve dropped off the face of the earth, here’s what’s going on with me:
- Just finished PASSION AROUSED at 86,000 words. It’s out now with beta readers for feedback before I send it to my editor. Keep your fingers crossed that all of them like it.
- I’m participating with other authors in writing for #momrom. I’m hoping to get this one finished by the end of the week, so that I can focus on something else. Quickly.
- There’s a call for submissions at a publisher I’m curious about, so I’m stewing on a plot. It’s a short story as well, so hopefully I can crank this one out before too long. The idea I have for it now is cute. 🙂
- I’m a sucker for desperate pleas for help, so I’m judging two entries for a contest that I’ve actually sent one of my stories to. (No, I am not judging in the same category!) I’m not usually one for the contest circuit, but I loved KEEPING PACE so much that I decided to enter it.
- And there’s going to be another anthology from me, Cari Quinn, Chloe Cole and Dee Tenorio. The working title is simply LOVERS 2 until we come up with something more permanent. (Although, I think we’ve got one.) It will be out in mid-June if I recall correctly. I haven’t quite figured out my plot for this one, but it’s on my list of things to work out!
- One of my editors accepted a foodie novella from me a little while ago and I love the idea of making it into a series of foodie stories. Not only do I need to develop a recipe to put into the already accepted story, I need to get to work on a proposal for the next novella in the series. 2012 is dismal for me as far as the numbers of stories I’ll be releasing, so I’d like to get on the publishing schedule early in 2013, if possible.
- BRUSH STROKES is due to be self-published by me before the end of May, so I’m finalizing the story so that I can get it edited, formatted and uploaded before…
- Attending Lori Foster’s Reader/Author Get Together on June 1st. I’m hosting a reader event there with a handful of other authors, so stop by if you’re going to Ohio!
Are you tired after reading all that? I know I’m tired just thinking about it! LOL.
Oh well. I wouldn’t trade this life for anything. 🙂