Wednesday’s Words – What I’m Doing Now
At my day job, we have a “use it or lose it” policy when it comes to vacation hours. And silly me, I’m one of those nuts who never takes time off. So every year at this time, I’m in a mad dash to use up my leave because there’s no way in hell I’m just handing it back to them. So I’ve been off since last Thursday and don’t go back until Monday. Supposedly I’m spending this time writing, but that’s pretty much a lie. lol. I’m still in my 2011 rut and for some reason, missing my dog even harder this particular week.
So here’s what I have been doing:
- PASSION AROUSED – If it wasn’t for Six Sentence Sunday, I’d probably put this story aside despite the fact I like it. It just seems the more I write, the more I realize this sucker’s going to be long. Like 80K words long. My longest to date is 58K. Wish me luck.
- NEATLY TANGLED – I put this one down about a year ago after getting stuck. For some reason I can’t remember, I read over it again recently and couldn’t believe how well, good, it is! So For every 1K words I write on PA, I write 1K on NT. *shrug* The system’s working.
- I pre-ordered Lover Mine by JR Ward. Pre-ordered. So that means it’s been out about a year now? Yeah. So it’s been sitting on my nightstand this entire time. Finally picked it up and have started reading it. I’m simultaneously, on my Kindle, reading Provoke Me by Cari Quinn and Blaze by Joanne Ross.
- I was participating in NaNoWriMo again this year, but with only 15K words done on the 22nd day of November, it doesn’t look like I’ll be winning this year. lol. That’s ok.
- Lastly, I’m getting ready to attend my first LeatherFet with Eliza Gayle. I’ll bring you the details of that adventure when I get back. It should be a doozy!
- Oh! And how could I forget that I’m waiting on edits to come to me for a Christmas short from Cobblestone Press entitled DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY as well as waiting to hear on a submission decision for NO GREATER JOY. Wish me luck.
So what about you? What are you doing?